Main Article Content
The researchers investigated the cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure levels of the employees of the Department of Education, Division Office of Cabanatuan City, the Philippines with the use of descriptive correlational design for effective monitoring of their health conditions. Specifically, it analyzed the Body Mass Index (BMI) of the respondents which relate to being overweight and obese and those associated health risks such as high cholesterol and glucose level and low or high blood pressure. The study found out that more than half of the respondents have normal BMI although there are 36% who are overweight and 6% who are obese. Fifty percent of the respondents have ideal and healthy and normal blood pressure levels and 50% have low blood pressure and high blood pressure. Seventy percent of the respondents have blood sugars that are on the normal level while 30% have blood sugar levels that are in the pre-diabetes and diabetes level. Regarding their cholesterol level, 70% have desirable cholesterol and the remaining 30% have borderline and high cholesterol levels. Older employees have high blood sugar levels and male respondents have higher BMI and blood pressure than female respondents. Likewise, respondents with high BMI and high blood sugar tend to have high blood pressure. Results have implications for health care management programs and monitoring systems of employees in the department and similar fields.